Marketing Specialist - Business to Business) (100543)
We have an exciting opportunity for someone looking to start their career in Marketing with a long standing and reputable organization! If you are someone who is enthusiastic, loves working in teams, and ready to bring your creative ideas to a new company, this may be the role for YOU!
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Specialist, Marketing (Business-to-Business Marketing) is responsible for supporting the Homeowner Services (HOS) Business Development team through a combination outbound marketing campaigns, social media platform engagement, presentation development. This position is responsible for internal processes including research, reporting and tracking. The Specialist, Marketing (Business to Business) will need to analyze data and identify trends for areas of opportunity for process improvement. The Specialist, Marketing (Business to Business) will need attention to detail, communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks to support key projects for the Business Development team. Additionally, the Specialist, Marketing (Business to Business) may also be responsible for miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his/her manager.Key Accountabilities
- Create content for each stage of engagement to support Business Development team and sales funnel aligning with corporate branding
- Manage the campaign calendars for all Business-to-Business support tactics including email, mail and social media. This includes both data and template creation and selection.
- Manage trade show calendar elements including registration, sponsorships, furniture, promotional items and other miscellaneous items. Work with Business Development Executive Assistant to make certain items ship to destination within specified times. This individual will also organize post show leads within chosen database and for marketing follow-up.
- Provide support for Request for Proposals –including post bid via results tracking, FOIA requests and content creation for response.
- With input from business, create presentations for each stage of engagement to support Business Development team and funnel
- Possess attention to detail and the ability to simultaneously handle several projects while working to develop strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically: Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Willingness to learn additional platforms such as CRM (Salesforce), Creative (Adobe) and other platforms as assigned.
- Executing on all other duties as assigned by manager
- This position requires the employee to coordinate with several teams (including but not limited to marketing, client success, Corporate American Water) to ensure that the Business Development team is communicating the most current, accurate and strongest value proposition to potential partners. External vendor management needed as well.
- Prior experience in business environment.
- Prior experience with marketing or business development.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and capable of handling multiple responsibilities and ensuring timely and accurate completion of those responsibilities.
- Knowledge of design tools such as Canva, Adobe and social media platforms such as LinkedIn.
Moderate problem-solving and decision-making skills are needed in this position as well as moderate verbal and written communication skills.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) as well as some knowledge of design tools such as Canva, Adobe and social media platforms such as LinkedIn.
Individual dedicated to continued learning.
Proficiency in data analysis and Excel.
- Manages work complexity through effective prioritization and follow-through.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of enthusiasm, interest, and motivation in all aspects of the business.
- Ability to deliver timely, quality, clear, concise and accurate work.
- Familiarity with standard business concepts, practices and procedures
- Strong self-structure, organizational skills, attention to detail, and time management.
- BA/BS Degree
- Required: 1+ year experience in marketing
- Up to 20%
- Office Environment
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.