Specialist, Marketing (100566)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
The Marketing Specialist will report to the Marketing Project Manager and assist in managing the development and the execution of the organization’s marketing strategy as it pertains to digital advertising, email, mass media, and PR. This role will flow to the work across the various marketing needs of the digital and media team in a conscious effort to both expose and give responsibility across areas of marketing execution. This position will provide critical marketing support in promoting Homeowner Services in order to drive new enrollments and retain current customers.Key Accountabilities
- Partner with vendor and internal team members to develop, review, and approve new creatives to support campaigns for the digital and media team.
- Learn our brands, messaging/legal language, and disclaimers to ensure creatives meet internal and partner standards.
- Manage internal, legal, and partner approvals of various creatives (digital ads, emails, scripts, TV spots, etc).
- Update internal Call Forecasting document to support marketing and call center prior to new campaign launches
- Manage the legal and client success logs for digital and media team to ensure campaign timelines are met
- Help develop and coordinate content creation and automation
- Support Assistant Marketing Manager as needed with ad hoc requests from PR agency
- Attend monthly PR meetings with AW Corporate and PR agency
- Compile and send monthly PR highlights to highlight top news in our key markets and track sentiment
- Occasionally pull testimonials for us across PR, Social, and Email.
- Update and manage HOS Marketing Sharepoint site
- Assist with reviewing Direct Mail creatives, as needed
- Support Call Center or HVAC teams with creative requests
- Research new media and digital initiatives
- Keep up-to-date on newest digital, media, conversion, and customer loyalty trends
- Support with marketing research and analyze trends to identify new marketing opportunities
- Help develop marketing materials and ensuring brand guidelines are met
Data / Reporting
- Pull, clean, and manage lists from internal CRM database for email sends
- Assist with monthly dashboard
- Support ad hoc reporting as needed
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in marketing
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite, database management, and Adobe
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to manage tasks with competing priorities
- Google Analytics experience preferred
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a group
- Excellent time management skills to be able to handle multiple projects at once
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled in writing and editing content with high attention to detail
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Communications. Digital Marketing or Media specialization, a plus.
- 1-3 years of relevant digital or media experience a must.
- Google Adwords or Google Analytics Certifications desired, but not required.
- Office Environment
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.