Specialist Business Services (101387)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
Responsible for business services support in an assigned area or to an assigned customer/client base, including relationship building, troubleshooting, handling device requests/issues, communications and documentation and problem resolution.Key Accountabilities
- Create and manage an issues list and coordinate resolution. (10%)
- Analyze business issues and needs and document requirements. (10%)
- Provide or facilitate training of customers/clients/users and/or internal staffs or departments. (10%)
- Monitor service level agreements to insure organization is meeting deliverables. (10%)
- Collaborate with customers/clients/user community to insure satisfactory performance. (10%)
- Facilitate periodic reviews, client surveys and evaluations, conferences, site visits, conference calls, and/or business communications to transition clients or maintain service and satisfaction levels. (10%)
- Prepare, monitor, update and distribute appropriate business communication.
- Maintain awareness/issues list of current business, processes, and practices.
- Identify potential performance or service problems and recommend corrective action.
- Issue & setup mobile technology devices.
- Troubleshoot any mobile device related issue.
- Develop business presentations, as needed.
- Handle special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned. (40%)
- Knowledge of the business and technical environment, business operations, practices and processes.
- Knowledge of related business systems and software (e.g., SAP,
- MapCall or other databases, etc.)
- Knowledge of standard business software, including Microsoft Office products.
- Position requires a level of knowledge and expertise sufficient to develop and deliver presentations and information and respond to questions/issues from clients, and internal staff in informal and formal settings in utility operations, client support, or related discipline of area supported. Analytical, critical, and computational thinking. Computer literacy (Excel and pivots, relational databases, cell phones, PCs, iPads/tablets, etc).
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/operations, science or computer/IT discipline preferred.
- Two to five years experience preferred.
- Water treatment, wastewater treatment, computer programming preferred
- Travel is dependent upon business needs but some will be required.
- Majority of work done in an office setting but field and plant visits will be required
- The ideal candidate will know how to navigate operationally and technologically in the water utility industry, take initiative, and be capable of working with a diverse array of departments in the business.
- Candidate should enjoy challenging and rapidly evolving technological environment with a desire to find innovative ways to use existing technologies and implement new ones.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because they are an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.