Manager, Business Systems Analyst - DAS Project Omnia
Are you a Business Analyst with an Agile Mindset that is passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
As a Manager, Business Systems Analyst, you will maintain a solid knowledge base of the functional capabilities of the various areas and products within the assigned product portfolio. You will use agile methods to analyze, define and document requirements. You will work with stakeholders and product teams to drive consensus on scope, design and implementation decisions. You will also provide agile coaching to product teams and facilitate agile ceremonies. You will partner with Engagement Managers in leading, directing, and reviewing all activities associated with delivering technology products. You will also be responsible for product quality, project timeliness, and customer satisfaction.
• You will work with business owners to define and document requirements for a named set of custom developed or vendor software products, as well as write user stories, acceptance criteria, feature description decks, user guides, process flows and wireframes.
• You will have the opportunity to conduct Design Thinking sessions to gain insights into end user and customer needs.
• You will lead the product backlog for a product by facilitating visioning sessions, assist in defining and prioritizing features and by maintaining product backlogs.
• You will partner with other Business Analysts to collaborate on team dependencies and build a community of practice.
• You will engage with various ITS organizations to resolve problems in production and non-production environments as they arise.
• You will possess overall understanding of appropriate business processes and workflows.
• You will engage business owners and other ITS resources to respond to requests for new applications and/or enhancements and collaborate with the Engagement Manager to create and present the appropriate project on-boarding processes and materials.
• You will lead all Testing and QA activities within the project lifecycle, to include leading off-shore QA resources to develop and execute Test Plans, Test Scripts and all other work and activities related to Quality Assurance of the Products.
• You will partner with the Engagement Manager and clients to plan and execute User Acceptance Testing.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
• Security, risk & compliance
• Technology support
• Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
• 10+ years of experience working in supporting multiple software projects in various IT roles.
• 3+ years of Business Analyst or System Analysis experience in an agile environment.
• 2+ years of Quality Assurance experience, with demonstrated ability in applying repeatable quality assurance processes and methods to enterprise-wide technology projects or initiatives. Experience with test plan creation, automated test scripting, and load/stress testing.
• In-depth knowledge of software development lifecycles including Agile development and testing.
• Excellent written and verbal communications, organization, analytical, planning and leadership skills.
• Strong management, communication, technical and remote collaboration skills.
• Excellent team collaboration skills, to include experience in dealing with multiple projects and multi-functional teams, and ability to coordinate across teams in a large matrix organization environment.
• Strong relationship building and maintaining skills. Fosters a climate conducive to establishing positive working relationships with clients (internal and external).
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) is a plus.
• Familiarity with SharePoint, MS Project, TFS/VSTS, Automated QA and wire-framing or visualization tools is a plus.