Sr. Business Process Analyst / Project Manager (2103750)
Sr. Business Process Analyst / Project Manager - ( 2103750 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Join the Process & Policy team at Pearson! This new group is responsible for CRM operations supporting the sales and services team, as well as delivering transformative projects and programs across the Higher Education division.
As the Sr. Business Process Analyst / Project Manager, you will deliver efforts for various business sponsors across a range of business functions such as sales, services, supply chain, customer support, marketing, finance, direct to consumer, product development, and technology. Efforts will involve significant process transformation , simplification and change, while keeping the learner at the center of the solution. This role will report to the VP of Process & Policy and lead multiple projects or a large program.
You’ll have responsibility for all aspects of the project management over the entire lifecycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close) of a project and in some cases act as the business process expert to map and align business requirements. Sample responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of end-to-end project management including, but not limited to:
+ Understand detailed stakeholder requirements, constraints, and assumptions to establish the project plan, project charter and all project deliverables.
+ Assist in developing a business case to justify the overall effort.
+ Conduct a kick-off meeting with all key stakeholders to review the overall project and gain consensus.
+ Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
+ Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs.
+ Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
+ Conduct project close meetings to capture lessons learned and archive for future projects.
- Create detailed process flows and business requirements aligned to Pearson business needs.
- Communicate with the project team, sponsors, and others regarding general status, issues, risks, and escalations.
- Assist with other ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Support VP of Process & Policy with group-wide project/initiative status reporting.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 5 years' project management with 2 of those years also working as a business process/analyst.
- Process expertise in at least two of the following areas within a learning-based company: sales, services, supply chain, customer support, marketing, finance, direct to consumer, product development or technology.
- Proven track record delivering projects with budgets of more than $1M USD.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build project plans and monitor/report on project status.
- Knowledge and competency in business processing mapping and documentation.
- General knowledge of the Salesforce platform.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite and MS Project or SmartSheet.
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Matrix team management of 15 individuals.
- Ability to quantify business benefits for every project assigned.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent); MBA a plus.
- Change management experience a plus.
- PMI Certification a plus.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as needed (5-10%).
Primary Location : US-MA-Boston
Other Locations : US-NJ-Hoboken
Work Locations :
US-NJ-Hoboken-221 River221 River Street
Job : Project/Programme Management
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Mar 13, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2103750