Project Manager, Product Development (R449586)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. Stryker offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives.
Stryker is looking to hire a Project Manager in Portage, Michigan to support new Stryker Surgical Products.
Who we want
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Goal-oriented orchestrators. People who can effectively coordinate and focus the work of skilled employees toward an important goal, prioritizing to the right activities that lead to success.
- Motivated product launchers. Engineers who bring strategic direction and drive for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
- Curious learners. Technical project leaders with an innate curiosity that drives them to understand all aspects of New Product Development.
What you will do:
- Provide overall project direction for schedule, cost, performance, and resources.
- Lead a cross-functional project team from early concept design to delivery of fully commercialized medical device.
- Closely monitor project performance to be able to recommend schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions as needed to deliver on project commitments.
- Partner with Marketing and R&D to develop project business cases, determine user needs, and execute customer use trials.
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to leadership throughout project life cycle.
- Responsible for team dynamics and making sure the team is optimally organized
- Develop strong relationships with team members
- Create, monitor, and control project plans including:
- Schedule / Burndowns / Task Lists / Resources
- Business Case / Capital Equipment Request / Budget
- Risk Assessments / Mitigation / Contingency Planning
- Support development of functional specifications that fully define project and product.
- Performance criteria
What you need
- B.S. in engineering, science or other applicable discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience leading projects
- Experience working in a regulated industry such as medical device, automotive, aerospace, electronics, pharmaceutical, etc. is highly preferred
- Experience in New Product Development is highly preferred
- Experience working with engineers and custom component suppliers (machined, extruded, or injection molded parts, sheet metal, circuit boards, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead/facilitate cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to plan, track and facilitate projects using applicable tools (Gantt, Burndowns, etc.)
- Basic computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet database)
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.