Product Development Project Leader - Telecommute (99166677)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is will be responsible for supporting UMR UM product development and total cost of care initiatives, reporting to the UMR Customer Solutions, Vice President Product Development, UM. Clinical performance is charged with effectively implementing, monitoring, and executing on programs related to driving affordability and measuring outcomes across the UMR Third Party Administration business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Core Activities:
- Lead project teams, manage multiple product development projects simultaneously
- Support project progression as needed, including but not limited to collecting and analyzing data to help stakeholders make decisions
- Anticipate requirements, identify areas for improvement, and carry projects through implementation while offering continued support.
- Distribute project updates and data to key stakeholders on a routine basis
- Lead projects with agility depending on the specific outcome or product rollout, with common activities to include:
- Define and manage project scope
- Manage/Control Project Timelines and Resources
- Manage/Control Project Financials
- Manage Project Quality
- Assess/Manage Project Risks/Issues
- Manage Project Relationships and Communications
- Technical Skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel or similar program skills
- Microsoft Visio or similar program skills
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to organize, analyze, QA, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence others
- Solid project management skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Excellent relationship builder who influences through persistence and tact
- Can prioritize and reprioritize competing issues, as needed
- Excellent communication, time management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills, and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with a wide variety of individuals coming from diverse backgrounds
- Experience with verbal and written correspondence with all levels of an organization
- Ability to operate independently, managing time and priorities, and meet scheduled deadlines
- Excellent executive communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to gain acceptance for ideas, plans, actions and then implement across organizational boundaries
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience working in a complex matrixed work environment with competing priorities
- 2+ years of managing projects
- 1+ year experience working on product, product enhancement, innovation projects and/or creative projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of project management
- 2+ years of data analysis and reporting
- Utilization Management and/or Affordability product initiative experience
- End to End clinical to claims experience
- Experience working with Agile teams
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Product Development Project Leader, Project management, product management, utilization, medical, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote