Business Sales Specialist ( 602010-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Join Verizon today and be eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus!*
As a Business Account Manager, you will be in a structured sales role that will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed as a Sr Business Account Manager. After nine months of successful performance in the Account Manager position, you may be considered for progression to a Sr. Account Manager. The Sr. Account Manager position requires you to generate new business in assigned territories through prospecting, cold calling networking and generating leads and referrals.
- Developing and qualifying leads within respective territory to drive additional sales opportunities through cold-calling, partner-selling, lead-generation campaigns and modern social selling techniques.
- Gaining new business and incremental revenue to meet sales targets.
- Retaining, managing and growing the existing customer base.
- Educating and exciting customers while leveraging innovative business solutions.
- Building relationships with key decision makers.
- Presenting and creating multi product solution opportunities.
- Understanding and selling groundbreaking integrated software solutions including; Cloud, Security, ISP, VoIP and Google platforms.
- Tracking and reporting progress through sales force automation tools.
- Attending training and increasing technical acumen.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll deliver outstanding and innovative business solutions that support our technology evolution and change the way businesses connect. Whether you're continuously hunting and prospecting for new business or growing existing accounts, you'll consult with customers to identify their business challenges and recommend tailored solutions to solve them-—and ultimately deliver a powerful return for customers while improving their business and growing our revenue.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful completion of Motor Vehicle Record check.
Even better if you have:
- Degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- Communication skills to effectively position new ideas.
- Cold-calling and lead generation capabilities.
- Presentation skills in a face to face and virtual environment.
- Ability to meet or exceed challenging sales targets
- Self-motivated and the demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience using Account Planning and Order Entry systems.
- Ability to persuade and negotiated to create desired outcomes.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
*This role may be eligible for a $10,000 sign-on bonus, subject to the terms and conditions of the bonus agreement (internal employees are not eligible).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).