Senior Solutions Architect of Product Development ( 594187-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, highly-motivated, Solutions Architect of Product Development to work in the product engineering team for developing security solutions in Technology and Product development organization. You will be working to design, and architect end-to-end security solutions/products in the GovCloud/MTIPS Product suite targeted to US Federal agencies. Looking for a strong entrepreneurial attitude who can ideate, collaborate, design, solution, and architect working with internally developed products and vendor solutions. The candidate should be able to work in an agile environment across stakeholder organizations (including Product Management, Security Operations, Network design teams, back office systems, Customers, Sales and partners). The role requires cross-functional communication to executive management and decision making in order to drive Security services objectives.
- Acting as the Technical Product Owner and E2E Solution Architect for delivery for the software side of the MTIPS Security Gateway and other Security and Network products.
- Developing and owning Solution architecture and Delivery Team’s backlog, ensuring user stories are written and acceptance criteria are met, and demonstrating the working features internally and externally.
- Gathering requirements and designing and developing user experience workflows.
- Collaborating with stakeholders and development teams (internal and external) to ensure successful implementation of new or enhanced functionality for the product.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Active government-issued security clearance at a Public Trust level, or eligibility to obtain and maintain this clearance.
Even better if you have:
- A degree or Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, or work experience in enterprise security relevant field.
- Ten or more years of experience in Information Technology field and technology architecture and product delivery.
- Strong technical knowledge of complex systems and architecture concepts and the ability to ensure project teams are effectively employing appropriate software design techniques.
- Strong knowledge or industry experience to provide systems perspective and experience of NIST framework.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based services (e.g., DDoS, Security Gateways, WAFs).
- Strong experience developing accessible user portals for demanding customers.
- Experience leading and collaborating across a set of cross-functional delivery initiatives.
- Experience with front and back-end product engineering and Development teams.
- Experience working with the business and customers on gathering requirements, documenting requirements, managing product backlog, writing user stories, and working with development and vendors to deliver on the product plan and vision.
- Experience working closely with Engineering teams and delivering new functionality.
- Strong product development experience with key focus on Enterprise use cases around security and networking.
- Seven or more years of experience in technical product owner or architect roles with direct contribution to revenue growth.
- Strong technical knowledge to provide systems perspective and expertise for Security, LAN, Wi-Fi, IoT products, services and E2E managed security solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead discussions with product management team and customers to identify new market opportunities and use cases.
- The ability to analyze business results using key financial metrics including volumes, costs, and profitability to ensure offers support customer needs while also achieving business case targets such as revenue and margin.
- Experience in agile IT development processes and collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Jive) as well as vendor management.
- Experience in crafting impactful messaging to executive presentations, internal/external audiences using PowerPoint/Word and meaningful/concise communication to peer groups via e-mail.
- Experience in ideation or development of cutting edge applications like Mobile Edge Computing, Blockchainetc.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.