Lead Application Development Engineer ( 596590-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Global Technology Solution (GTS) team is seeking an Application Developent Engineerto implement Contact Center AI (CCAI) solutions for our customers. You will design new and innovative virtual agent solutions to enable digital transformation for our customers. You will co-develop virtual agent solutions with Google Dialogflow. You will maintain close partnership with Google’s team to build and constantly drive excellence in our products. You will build conversational interfaces and virtual agents for customers using core Google products such as Dialogflow and Contact Center AI. You will establish and maintain high quality data feed and real time or near real time reporting. Engage and communicate with business partners and upper management on the latest business intelligence.
- Design Conversational AI hybrid cloud integrations.
- Build customer experiences using Google Dialogflow on the mobile app and web platforms
- Work with Google NLU eng team in optimizing & refactoring chatbot intents.
- Research and opportunity isolation. Identify new intents and train optimally.
- Use AI/ML modeling techniques to optimize the model.
- Collaborate with Program Management, Engineering, UX and Product teams to identify product gaps, and work with cross-functional teams to design solutions.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience building chatbots or voicebots with Dialogflow, Design engaging conversational interfaces for Contact Center AI (CCAI).
- Experience building full stack applications
- Experience in Google Looker tool for insights and iconic dashboards
- Experience writing SQL and Relational Database design.
- Agile methodologies, Agile 2.0 experience
- Effective leadership and influencing skills in the application of AI or Machine Learning.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the demonstrated ability to work across organizations and with cross-functional teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).