Dist Engr-Software Development - Salesforce Technologies ( 596727-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a Distinguished Salesforce Developer to lead and own all technical aspects of Salesfroce.com implementation and/or customization including data migrations, data quality,
systems integration, third party applications, AppExchange products, and custom development. The Distinguished Salesforce Developer will provide technical leadership, setting best practices, including integration, application development, deployment, testing, and iterative refinement. You will be responsible to:
- Lead technical design sessions; architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with project and business objectives; Translated business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce.com platform.
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions, creation and maintenance of application and system documentation used in design, testing or programming efforts and integration process.
- Identifying ways to utilize SFDC to improve business processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace.
- CICD/Release Management, Identification of risks and issues from a technical perspective.
- Change control/Change management.
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used.
- Lead a group of talented developers and testers both within the US and in our offshore offices. Mentor junior developers and guide them in technical and functional areas.
- Work with management team to prioritize and schedule work, identify and escalate roadblocks.
- Work with the business partners in providing cutting edge solutions to business problems using the SFDC platform.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manage
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Salesforce.com
- Experience in Platform/Technologies that includes end to end implementations.
- Experience in organization splits.
- Experience inMergers.
Even better if you haveone or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Salesforce Cetifications.
- Experience in multiple aspects of software development ( analysis and design, coding and performance tuning).
- Six or more years ofexperience in LWC, Apex, API, Visualforce,SOQL/SOSL.
- Experience and skills in Workflow andApprovals.
- Experience and skills process Builder and Metadata API.
- Experience and skills in validation Rules and Formulas.
- Experience and skills inReports andDashboards.
- Strong experience integrating Salesforce.com.
- Experience developing and customizing Salesforce.com application via Web Services, Apex, SOQL, SOSL, Triggers, Batch Jobs, Lightning, Visual Force
- Ability to Lead a team of developers and testers and assign/track work for them.
- Ability to balance multiple assignments and deadlines at the same time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.