Dir-Software Development ( 598214-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Director of Digital Service for the Verizon Business Group within the Global Technology Solutions team, will lead a team of managers responsible for the end to end delivery and execution of multiple wireless and wireline digital Service applications, supporting small, medium, enterprise and public sector business segments. This leader will be responsible for VBG’s Digital Transformation journey, managing digital and omni-channel experiences across multiple applications. In this role, the Director will need to create a connected and integrated experience across wireless and wireline, drive adoption for digital as the primary channel, all while maintaining platform stability and digital operational excellence. This leader will need to empower and manage a highly motivated and technical team, coaching them to innovate and deliver high quality products and services. In addition, the Director will be responsible for establishing organizational goals, influence and effectively communicate the vision across a global, matrixed team, and engage with industry experts to participate in events to drive best in class digital experiences. Finally, this leader will stakeholder and manage business partner relationships to define and implement Verizon’s best in class digital strategy.
● Implement phases of the North Star Architecture for Digital, including the development of a common microservices layer across Digital channels and an integrated platform of Digital service
● Establish Digital as a NPS enabler and drive growth measured by our key performance indicators.
● Drive a start anywhere / end anywhere omni experience for both employees and customers.
● Establish objectives, create roadmaps, and align with key partners and stakeholders to ensure delivery of company goals.
● Innovate and drive technology direction, facilitate key decision points, convert requirements into working product outcomes and drive integration with various Verizon and vendor systems.
● Lead the design and architecture support for tactical and transformative digital solutions 24x7.
● Focus on delivery excellence and performance engineering as well as operational excellence by using industry standard processes and tools.
● Lead design and creation of “minimum viable product,” prioritize critical tasks and enable test and learn approaches to iteratively deliver technical and business solutions.
● Deliver results within budget, time, quality and strategic and tactical key performance goals.
● Document and comply with software quality, sourcing, data security and compliance processes.
● Create proposals and present effectively to a diverse audience; manage stakeholders.
● Hire, retain, develop high performing talent and leaders across a global footprint; manage teams in both direct and matrixed structures of employees, vendors and contractors.
● Drive employee satisfaction and engagement for the digital organization.
What we’re looking for...
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems, or related field. Accelerated degree preferred.
● Required knowledge of eCommerce experiences, sales and service platforms and operations.
● Must have demonstrated experience in partnering with Business and IT teams at multiple levels to drive alignment and delivery of complex problems.
● Ability to identify opportunities, facilitate workout sessions to ideate and come up with joint cross functional solutions to improve digital experiences and streamline customer and employee processes.
● Excellent communication and presentation skills to express complex concepts effectively.
● 10+ years of relevant project and program delivery experience. Systems Administration or Engineering background preferred.
● 10+ years of delivery experience in highly available and massively scalable systems and services. Including 3+ years of supporting mobile web and/or native systems.
● 10+ years of technology leadership, including solid understanding of technology selection, architecture, and full stack implementation.
● 8+ years of direct people management experience, including leadership of diverse global teams. Experience leading senior talent, mentoring and coaching.
● 5+ years of software engineering and development experience, including leading IT teams through business transformation and analysis, project management, and digital technologies.
● 5+ years of metrics instrumentation and leveraging digital analytics to drive experience and performance improvements. Strong experience with A-B testing and multi variant trials.
● 5+ years of experience in troubleshooting and supporting mission critical 24X7 production systems, lead real-time high stake risk mitigation plan and drive timely decisions.
● 4+ years of experience in business process transformation, user experience optimization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).