Business Development Representative Hospice (107501478)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Hospice Marketer for OptumCare Palliative Care and Southwest Medical Hospice, you will be a direct presence in the community by providing information and opportunity to potential clients and referral sources. Responsibilities for this role include carrying out the marketing directives of the organization’s services through personal effort and through the cooperation of a supportive team and management. By establishing and maintaining relationships with providers, clinics, hospital affiliates, skilled nursing facilities, and community, you will play a direct role in the growth of our hospice program. We seek a proficient and seasoned marketer with excellent work ethic. Personable, driven, organized, professional appearance, and well versed in the hospice and palliative levels of care are mandatory skills in this position.
- Conduct 15-20 quality sales visits each week through on-site meetings and presentations to physicians, hospitals, medical facility professionals, skilled nursing facilities and others
- Provide educational office visits relating to Hospice and/or Palliative Care for physicians new to area and visits to primary care physicians on a regular basis
- Facilitate appropriate hospice and palliative care referrals as a result of marketing outreach
- Maintain consistent and exceptional rapport with referring physicians and community partners
- Complete all job duties in a manner that meets the accepted standards of practice and the Optum Palliative and Hospice Care Policies and Procedures
- Contribute to achieving the company’s mission
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma and/or equivalent
- Experience in delivering group presentations to provider groups and community agencies
- Knowledge/experience about Hospice and Palliative Care and ability to explain it to referral sources, patients and their family members
- Knowledgeable about the Hospice benefit and how to explain it to referral sources, patients and their families
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications/ Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Reliable Transportation with appropriate license and insurance for travel w/in designated sales area
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, organization and presentation skills. Demonstrated successful marketing skills
- Be a great team player and take pride in your communication with the office staff, patients and your referral accounts
- Overall "Hospice Heart" and do what's best for the patient
- Ability to market aggressively and deal tactfully with customers and the community
- Demonstrate good communications skills, negotiation skills, and public relations skills
- Ability to carry out marketing efforts that will lead to the growth of the hospice program. Professional, personable, driven, and intelligent
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Marketing or related field
- 1+ years of experience in marketing/sales in Hospice, Home Health, Pharmaceutical, Assisted Living Facilities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, or other healthcare sales experience
- Ability to physically perform all job-related duties which may require lifting, standing, bending, transferring, stopping, walking, pushing and pulling
- Must be able to tolerate extreme temperatures and frequent driving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.