Business Development Associate - Minnetonka, MN (107673994)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate will join UnitedHealthcare’s Strategy Business Development team, which plays a key role in driving UnitedHealthcare’s growth and strategic objectives, by supporting acquisition activity, providing competitive intelligence and market research, and supporting a variety of strategic opportunities and assessments.
- Support process of identifying, monitoring, and engaging with potential acquisition targets
- Prepare executive summary materials (white papers, competitive reviews, etc.) in support of acquisitions and other strategic opportunities
- Prepare company profiles and financial research in support of acquisition target screening process
- Conduct market research and analysis in support of UnitedHealthcare’s growth and strategic objectives
- Partner with UnitedHealthcare business leadership and various functional experts in support of opportunity assessments and strategic reviews
- Engage in various ad hoc requests as required to support UnitedHealthcare and UnitedHealth Group leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, or other relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in a financial role
- Financial modeling experience
- Understanding of financial statements and financial statement analysis
- Demonstrated understanding of valuation techniques and concepts
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working in the health care industry
- Experience working on transactions, such as investment banking or corporate development
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and projects
- Comfortable with handling ambiguity in work assignments
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.