Clinical Development Lead (R1558472-en-us-1)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Clinical Development Lead (CDL)/Senior Director sits within Clinical Development, which is a global organization dedicated to the effective design and execution of drug development. Clinical Development drives clinical development strategy, design, execution, and interpretation of clinical trials. The Clinical Development Lead sits within Clinical Development, which is a global organization dedicated to the effective design and execution of drug development. Clinical Development drives clinical development strategy, design, execution, and interpretation of clinical trials.
- CDLs are matrix leaders and managers who lead, develop, motivate and achieve results through teams; demonstrate a commitment to the development of a resilient attitude, embrace change and have an unwavering commitment to our People Strategy
- Serves as the clinical point of accountability for the Development Team and is responsible for the overall clinical development plan for asset(s) in one or more indication(s)/tumor type(s)
- Ensures studies are aligned with target label indications and are designed to meet regulatory, quality, medical, and access goals
- Serves as a matrix leader to lead, develop, motivate and achieve results through teams, and is the direct manager to Clinical Trial Physicians (CTPs)
- MD preferably with appropriate sub-specialty training as appropriate
- PhD, Pharm D or other health related scientific field with a deep understanding of the clinical principles of the area of interest or equivalent therapy area knowledge
- At least 9 years of relevant experience
Domestic and International travel may be required.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.