Sr. Growth and Business Development Associate - Austin, TX (110334814)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Growth & Business Development Associate is responsible for supporting the development and execution of Strategic plans that support the patient membership growth goals of the organization. A primary focus of this position is to generate Medicare Advantage leads and awareness as it pertains to the WellMed health care delivery system, specifically the provider. This position is also responsible for providing assistance with special projects and educational efforts as directed by management. This position is accountable for Market membership goals for both growth and retention.
- Create & execute an action plan for territory activities and community outreach to support market growth and retention
- Engagement (i.e. face to face interaction) with prospects and current patients at events and identifies “lead-generating” opportunities within the Medicare eligible population
- Maintaining and updating event/activity documentation, as well as calendar updates. Salesforce will be used for managing and reporting event activity
- Maintains a professional relationship with community contacts/agencies, health care delivery system administration, physicians and other staff, as well as local contracted health plan staff/brokers & agents. In addition, develops and maintains professional partnerships with Community Senior Centers and other Associations of Influence
- Coordinates event activities in the community and presents the WM Value Proposition to generate leads and raise awareness of the WellMed health care delivery system
- Completes all necessary reports and deliverables using Salesforce as requested by leadership according to established deadlines
- Effectively manages to a department budget with productive ROI results
- Collaborates with outside vendors as needed to fulfill program initiatives
- Liaises with corporate and market representatives on marketing collaterals needed for special
- events, advertisement initiatives and other requests submitted by senior leadership
- Some nights and weekends required
- Some telecommuting - mostly out in the field (including daily travel)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of Marketing Project Management, Communications, Marketing Campaign Development, Event planning, or Sales experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
- Business development experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and web-based research
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to travel as determined by business needs, including daily travel
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5+ years of business development experience
- 5+ years of Project management experience
- 5+ years of Communications or Marketing Campaign Development experience
- Experience in a Healthcare related field
- Experience with CMS guidelines
- Experience leading teams/ managing direct reports
- Event planning experience
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 25 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.