Engineer I, Process Development Cell Therapy (R1560127-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS’s continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
Design, perform, and interpret experiments, with little supervision, focused on LCM or early program development goals, participate in process transfers, troubleshoot issues, and support GMP manufacturing activities. Ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the cell culture laboratory and communicate with collaborators. Participate in varying phases of cell therapy process development.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- With minimal supervision, design and execute/implement cellular process development, characterization, and optimization studies on one or more of the following areas: cell culture, cell harvesting, immuno-selection, tissue processing, cryopreservation, phenotyping, transduction etc.
- Design well-controlled experiments, perform data analysis, and summarize empirical results, with moderate technical/scientific supervision and feedback
- Provide technical support to clinical/commercial manufacturing implementation initiatives
- Present results within departmental technical reviews
- Organize, record and maintain experimental data and document in reports
- Anticipate and fill supply needs in support of development activities
- Ensure proper operation and perform routine maintenance of all laboratory equipment
- Assist other staff to complete all laboratory tasks as necessary
- Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with policies/procedures/regulations
- B.S. in Biochemical, Chemical, or Biomedical Engineering or Cell Biology/Immunology related discipline with 0-2 years of relevant experience or M.S. in Biochemical, Chemical, or Biomedical Engineering or Cell Biology/Immunology related discipline
- Must have excellent organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Highly motivated, willingness to acquire new skills and ability to work with minimal operational supervision
- Must have engineering or scientific knowledge appropriate for cellular process development
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique
- Experience working in a regulated environment would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in statistical data processing software such as JMP, Minitab, or Excel
- Ability to review, interpret, and disseminate relevant developments in the literature
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there’s no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients’ lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.