Principal Architect - Application Development
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a leader for who will be responsible for the technical delivery of critical program and the delivery of a best-in-class Omni Journey Orchestration and hybrid (Pega Case Management with Decisioning) platform for the Verizon customers. You will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of Pega platform for the development, build, and operations for business-critical applications ensuring highest quality and availability of the system. You will lead a global team of diverse talent and will need to work with key stakeholders of the program.
- Ensure the BPM solutions developed on the Pega platform cover all the business needs in each of the channels while providing reusable and scalable solutions to drive a best-in-class Omni solutions and Journey orchestration platform.
- Ensure solutions built on Pega are scalable to both Verizon consumer and business line of business.
- Ensure system operates in an active-active model without any downtime and impact to business.
- Ensure solutions built are scalable across all channels that customer interacts.
- Architect and implement machine learning models in Pega leveraging machine learning modules.
- Ensure the Pega platform is operating at the highest operational efficiency and maintaining the platform reusability and performance.
- Manage a team that will work to support a diverse range of complex initiatives both in development as well as production cycles and regularly lead multiple, technically complex, large-scale projects.
- Leverage experience in architect, enterprise application development and DevOps tools to drive and spearhead various Verizon transformation initiatives.
- Exercise operational controls, uphold platform stability and scalability, while driving the team to Agile adoption.
- Responsible to do research and development on future technology needed for the payment / collection / settlement space across consumer and enterprise to better serve customers.
- Partner with business leaders to provide solutions that cater to their business objectives.
- Plan, divide, and direct work among leads/team members.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience with SQL queries.
- Ten or more years of experience with design and development of Pega applications.
- Pega Certified Lead Systems Architect Certification.
- Pega Certified Decision Architect Certification.
- Five or more years of work experience as a Pega Certified Lead Systems Architect.
- Five or more years of experience leading a technical team on a Digital Transformation Program.
- Pega BPM Decisioning/Marketing Product experience.
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Experience managing global resources and complex delivery teams.
- Experience working in Systems of Engagement and delivering high-scale and performing digital applications.
- Performing analysis and Tuning of PegaPRPC applications, Familiar with PLA, DB Trace, SMA.
- Implementation of Enterprise Architecture definition using Pega Products and different design patterns across enterprise layer for reusability.
- Implementation of PRPC application involving different components including flows, activities, assignments, Harness, Sections, listeners, Agents, connectors, services, Functions, Core java programming etc.
- At least two full life cycle implementation of Pega Applications which includes, Requirement capturing using DCO, Use case identification & elicitation, Using Application Accelerator and Application Profiler and QA/Production deployment.
- Experience in implementing CICD pipeline on AWS supporting an active-active environment.
- Experienced in designing fail over environments on multi cloud facility.
- Understanding of business criticality and time-to-market is a major consideration and the individual should be able to act with a sense of urgency and direct the team to do the same.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.