Associate Scientist, Gene Editing Analytical Development- Cell Therapy
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS’s continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
The Genetic Engineering group is seeking a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to support the development and execution of analytical methods supporting gene-engineered T-cell programs. Successful candidates will have a strong foundation in human T cell biology, suitable skills set and knowledge in molecular biology, and a proven track record of implementing and optimizing molecular assays. The primary focus of this role will be to develop analytical methods that enable characterization and Q.C. release of multiple gene-edited T cell products.
- Design, optimize, and execute analytical next generation sequencing and/or ddPCR methods for characterizing genome modifications in engineered T cells.
- Perform IlluminaQC assays and workflows
- Load, run, and maintain sequencing platforms
- Deliver high quality data in a timely manner
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support the development of gene-engineered T cell therapeutic platforms.
- Collaborate with others to handle day to day operation of the laboratory to ensure smooth operation.
- Support qualification, analyst training, and transfer of analytical methods.
- Timely and thorough documentation and completion of electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Presentation of experimental findings/results following study completion in internal or external meetings.
- Author reports detailing experimental work and summarizing results.
- BS/BA in Molecular Biology or other related biological science disciplines with 2+ years of relevant experience, industry experienced preferred.
- Experience with sequencing library preparation.
- Experience with operation of standard NGS library prep instrumentation, including Take3/Nanodrop, Bioanalyzer/Fragment analyzer, qPCR/ddPCR machine and Illumina sequencers.
- Skillful with molecular biology techniques (primer/probe design, qPCR, RT-PCR).
- Ability to carefully follow existing methods and SOPs and ability to design experiments of higher complexity.
- Proven ability to work in a high-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Strong sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity, and desire for learning and growth within a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Background in CRISPR-technology (e.g., Cas-nuclease, prime editing)
- Knowledge and experience with next generation sequence (NGS) bioinformatical tools for data analysis.
- Working knowledge of electronic laboratory notebook software and DNA analysis software for primer/probe design.
- Perform statistical data analysis where applicable and experience with data visualization software (JMP, Prism).
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand scientific literature.
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there’s no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients’ lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.