Energy Efficiency Compliance & Development Engineer
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
This position will be classified as Mobile with primary work location as home, but may work at or visit a facility, based on business need. Preferred locations are Akron, Ohio or Greensburg, PA.
This position provides engineering support for the development of energy efficiency and peak demand reduction program plans to achieve Company objectives and requirements across all FirstEnergy utilities in OH, PA, MD, NJ, and WV. This position reports to the Manager, Compliance & Development.
- Providing technical analysis and support of energy efficiency and demand response programs and measures to be used in the development and implementation of programs, strategies, positions, and recommendations
- Performing analysis or modelling of energy efficiency and peak demand response programs or measures using actual or forecasted data to inform program development, assess performance, and optimize programs
- Researching and analyzing industry protocols, standards, and other information to assess and develop energy savings, demand reduction, cost, and other impacts for use in program planning
- Developing and providing technical expertise on new, emerging, or best practice energy efficiency and demand response programs and measures through research, benchmarking, and analysis
- Participating in industry working groups or other teams in the development and implementation of new energy efficiency and demand response programs
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited institution is required
- Electronic(s) Engineering Technology degree requires a PE license to meet position requirements
- Minimum of three (3) years' engineering experience is required
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) considered a plus
- Possesses ability to handle multiple assignments to deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines
- Must be capable of driving projects and tasks to completion
- Solid computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and able to learn, analyze and interpret complex technical information
- Demonstrate a questioning attitude and desire to continue to learn and produce results
- Able to work both independently and in team environments
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, customer-focused, results-oriented and a team player
- Possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license
- Willing and able to travel throughout the service territory periodically, and willing to work extra and/or irregular hours during unusual circumstances
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team