VP, Business Development Strategy and Operations - Defense Group
The VP, Business Development Strategy and Operations Executive for the Defense Group is responsible for Business Development team operational activities to drive structure, growth and strategic planning activities.
Key areas of focus include (but not limited to): Customer and market analysis, competitive intelligence, budget analysis, Customer buying patterns, technology trends, current Leidos capabilities and gap analysis. Additionally, you will support the communication and implementation of the strategy. Equally as important, you will lead a team of BD Operations Professionals to drive our Win Probability higher, to ensure efficient deployment of resources, and to facilitate all the mechanics of business development including participation at conferences and trade-shows.
Strategy Development Responsibilities:
- This position reports directly to the Sr. Vice President (SVP) of Strategy and Business Development (S&BD) for the Defense Group.
- Work collaboratively with the Defense Operations BD&S Vice Presidents and across the company to ensure company's success.
- Work to establish a culture of collaboration and respect within the Defense Group. Serve as a role model and leader for positive change.
- Lead the Defense Group Strategy development process and activities aligned with the overall corporate strategic plan and planning process that informs and integrates with the corporate strategy and establishes the foundation of success to meet or exceed the overall Corporate and Group business goals.
- In collaboration with Defense Line Operation staff and BD&S VPs, lead and collaborate with internal market analysts and external market research firms to acquire and develop supporting analysis for strategy development.
- Identify capability and technology gaps and opportunities - coordinate and leverage centrally funded technology development across Leidos, adjacent program capabilities, industry partnerships, IP, and customer relationships to maximize and support an integrated Group and cross company strategy.
- Support all Organic (New Business & OCG) planning and opportunity development activities as well as inorganic activities (M&A Council), divestures, geographic expansions, partnerships, Joint Ventures, facilitating the strategic growth of the Defense Group and its strategy.
- Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices as required.
Business Development Operations Responsibilities:
- Monitor new business funds, closest to the pin, and other metrics for the SVP and VP of Business Development for Defense Group
- Support the Group SVP in achieving overall BD and capture activities and business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth
- Oversee the execution of all planning and review activities, to include opportunity updates to the SVP, collaboration sessions, gate reviews, win theme and discriminator workshops, color reviews, and all weekly and monthly reporting
- Ensure operations follow the Gate Review Process
- Ensure all Group and Operations BD actions are tracked and ensure proper closure
- Ensure the timely development and quality control of monthly and quarterly business performance reviews.
- Identify areas for process improvements and improved maximum use of tools within Operations (such as metrics, dashboards, reports, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15+ years of Business Development / Capture & Proposal / Strategy related experience, including 12+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience working directly with the Defense Community
- Experience with DoD budget, investments, and acquisition processes
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
- Demonstrated partnering and relationships with key government customers and industry partners
- Strong Oral and Written skills with an ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Travel as required, up to 10% per month
- TS/SCI strongly desired, but may consider TS with SCI eligibility
- Demonstrated success identifying, qualifying and closing one or more Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.