Principal Engineer - Software Development
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
As an Engineer for the Public Sector Federal Aviation Administration Enterprise Network Engineering Services (FENS) Enterprise Services team, you will be the lead software development and product support on a multi-discipline team that will deliver and manage the technology roadmap for the FAA infrastructure architecture and Verizon OSS and BSS management infrastructure based on Verizon's solutions and services. As an Engineer, you will have the responsibility to design cross product/technology, third party solutions, integrated to deliver on the FENS requirements. You will work in a cross-functional and cross-organizational environment (including Third party partners) to facilitate and deliver the FENS initial and on-going infrastructure solutions for the FAA complex requirements throughout the life-cycle of the FENS program.
You will be focused on the technical, business, and cost modeling aspects of delivering integrated OSS and BSS architectures for the FAA FENS opportunity. The goal will be to deliver the best technical solutions along with the best customer service. You will need to:
- Understanding customer business challenges.
- Developing the solution and designing the OSS and BSS product architecture to solve the customer need.
- Identify, own, and drive resolutions to gaps in the deal lifecycle delivery processes.
- Lead and guide internal and external teams with creating and delivering complex, integrated solutions to meet our customer requirements
What we're looking for...
You are an effective and inspiring leader, able to engage and motivate cross functional teams to deliver outstanding performance. You have the business insight and executive presence to establish credibility with executive leaders (e.g., internally, customer, and partners), and guide the growth of a team to deliver on expectations, milestones, and deliverables. As a business and technical leader you are able to explain how Verizon solutions can help solve everyday business problems in an effective manner. You enjoy working in a dynamic environment and can balance contending demands and priorities.
You'll need to have:
- Experience in building technology roadmaps and transitioning in new technologies
- Bachelor's degree or with fifteen or more years of work experience related to OSS or BSS.
- Fifteen or more years of relevant OSS or BSS experience in designing, building, or maintaining OSS or BSS.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams with understanding of how business and technical requirements interweave to create product solutions.
- Knowledge of technical product design and implementation, as well as systems development lifecycle within a large global enterprise environment.
- Experience in delivering an integrated OSS with technical solutions and contract performance (delivering on Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators).
- Ability to manage and balance business and technical requirements.
- Ability to obtain a Government security clearance of Public Trust.
- Experience in communicating (written and spoken) highly technical, multi-faceted (e.g., network, security, data, application) solutions to customers in a simple, understandable manner.
- Experience managing large-scale technical programs with end to end accountability.
- Highly organized with an ability to manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication, organization and project management skills.
Experience in two or more technical areas listed:
- Data and IP Services (MPLS, SIP, internet, VPN, SDN, NFV, SDWAN).
- Cloud and Data Center Outsourcing (application management, compute and storage, virtualization, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- IT Applications Management (SOA, Web Services).
Even Better if you have:
- Master's Degree in a technical or business area.
- Five or more years of successful experience with strategic solutions and/or systems integration design and solutions selling experience (consultative solutions selling).
- Public Sector Domain Experience to include both Federal and Department of Defense contract and procurement experience.
- Functional knowledge in leading technology network and security vendor portfolios such as Cisco, Avaya, Viptela, Versa, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Juniper, and more.
- Experience in the Aviation industry.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.