Florida A&M University Full Stack Software Development Summer 2024 Internship
- 5G Technology
- AR/VR and Computer Vision
- Application development: SaaS development, scripting
- Back-end: e.g. Express, Flask, Ruby
- Development Tools & Languages: NET, C, C++, J2EE, Python, Java
- Enterprise development: logging and monitoring, rules engine
- Front-end: React.js, Ember, Vue
- Analytics: Data processing and sharp analytical mind
- Mobile Development: Android/OS
- Service APIs: microservices, restful services, web services
- Web Development: browsers, web development framework
- Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, Windows
- Software: server, applications design, engineering and evaluations
- Development methods: quality assurance, object-oriented programming, secure SW development lifecycle
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program at Florida A&M University and be in good academic standing to be considered.
In this hybrid internship, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager. This hybrid internship may be based out of CA, GA, MA, NJ, TX or CO. If relocation is required, relocation assistance may be available.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we're looking for...
You're a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you're always trying to perform at your personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You'll need to have:
- Currently attending Florida A&M University and attending the Florida A&M University 2023 Fall Career & Internship Expo on 9/20.
- Ability to participate in our hybrid 10-week internship that takes place from June 3, 2024-August 9, 2024.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor's or Master's degree at Florida A&M University majoring in Telecommunications, Information Technology, Engineering, Data Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science or related majors with a completion date between December 2025 and June 2027.
- Coursework or demonstrated experience in scripting and coding (ex: Python, Java).
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to travel and work in an assigned Verizon office.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated strong written and communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite.
- Knowledge of mobile development (ex: IOS, Android).
- Knowledge of service Application Programming Interface ( API) Integration (ex: Microservices, Restful APIs, Web services).
- Knowledge of Web Development (ex: Frameworks, browsers, and embedded applications).
- Understanding of QA, automation tools, and/or Secure SW development cycle.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $0.00 and $0.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.