USB Cyber Renewal Underwriter (338731)
Chubb’s Financial Lines division offers management liability and professional liability insurance products to companies in a broad variety of industries in the not-for-profit, privately held and public company sectors. Our unit is built upon strong underwriting expertise, market stability and capacity, exceptional claims service, financial strength and a large number of product offerings
USB Cyber Renewal Underwriter
This position supports the achievement of established goals related to profitable growth, customer service, and maintaining producer relationships of the Underwriting Service Branch (USB). Key functions include underwriting, and servicing of a retail professional liability renewal book of business.
The cyber renewal underwriter builds strong customer relationships to ensure a positive customer experience for USB renewals. The underwriting function is based on analysis of appropriate information, compliance with underwriting guidance, and developing a renewal strategy. The underwriter utilizes automated systems for underwriting analysis, claims analysis, and communication.
Requisite knowledge, skills and experience for this role are outlined below:
- Proven multi-tasking, prioritizing and time management skills.
- Strong computer proficiency including the ability to process a large volume of business on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated financial and analytical skills with the proven ability to make expedient and sound decisions.
- Strong track record in delivering timely quality service to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated success in negotiation and building collaborative relationships.
- Works effectively as part of a team; ability to balance team and individual goals.
- Demonstrates flexibility by handling day-to-day frustrations / uncertainties and adapting to new technology.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service and/or insurance experience preferred.
- Goal oriented and results driven.
- Gathering and analyzing information to determine risk acceptability.
- Strong analytical skills required with the proven ability to make expedient and sound decisions, as well as taking initiative.
- Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or business is preferred.
Training for technical acumen of the underwriting role will be provided.