Senior Underwriter, Westchester Environmental (338796)
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may include but are not limited to:
Individual Production/territory management related duties:
- Develops and executes on marketing plan for assigned producers and territories
- Negotiates pricing, terms and conditions for excess and surplus environmental accounts using assigned underwriting authority and company guidelines
- Risk Assessment/Identifying risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls.
- Selecting risk based on exposure and risk analysis.
- Analyzing claims and quantifies losses.
- Financial and mathematical proficiency.
- Understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis.
- Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets.
- Understanding credit risk.
- Actuarial fundamentals. Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking.
- Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
- Documents the underwriting files with account review, analysis and conclusions.
- Ability to rate/quote/bind coverage and has a command of underwriting systems.
- Marketing and Communications.
- Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company.
- Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately.
- Ability to base communications on strategic thinking.
- Ability to manage producer strategy.