PMU Cohort Management Associate (764282100)
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
The Field Human Resources Department (Field HR) is responsible for recruitment, selection, placement, and retainment of qualified and well-suited field staff to meet the growing needs of MSF field operations.
The People Management Unit (PMU), which is based in New York, is responsible for supporting the development of MSF’s field staff’s management skills. The Ways of Working training program (WoW) is currently delivered virtually and in-person to operational field and HQ managers at all levels, with additional courses and activities to be added in 2021 and 2022. The PMU Cohort Management Associate is an integral part of a small team scaling up the delivery of these programs and associated support activities.
The PMU Cohort Management Associate is responsible for the development and implementation of key administrative components of MSF-USA’s PMU WoW learning events. S/he performs administrative, instructional design and evaluation functions to support both the WoW Program Manager and Instructional Designer. The role oversees all administrative aspect of each WoW course, as well as supporting the development and management of new learning materials, program management tools, and capturing essential training data for the purpose of monitoring and evaluation of the WoW program.
Administrative Support to the WoW Program Manager (35%)
Is the principle administrator and mission contact for all Ways of Working virtual and in-person training sessions (WoWs). Liaises with WoW Program Manager before and after each WoW session to:
- finalize WoW participant lists for review with the WoW Program Manager (initially via email but from late 2021 via Tembo)
- deliver the relevant WoW instructions, documents, links, etc. to the WoW-host missions, line managers, IT managers and WoW participants
- supports the briefings, walkthroughs and debriefings of all WoW facilitation teams, liaising with Cell HR Responsibles, project HRCos/CoFiRHs and guest contributors to set up briefings.
- answer all logistical, content and material-related questions, forwarding technical questions to the PMU Design and Content Associate as necessary
- ensure latest versions of all WoW files are posted in the correct Facilitator and WoW cohort folders on Teams, Sharepoint, and Tembo
- email facilitators and participants session emails and nudges as per WoW session requirements
Supports the WoW Program Manager to maintain accurate records of all WoW activities including:
- maintaining and following each step of the process, expanding the level of detail to ensure the efficient delivery of all WoWs
- supports the WoW Program Manager and WoW facilitators to track pre-work and post-work assignments and activities for each WoW session on Tembo and other learning software, coordinating with HRCos and others to ensure participants are advised of outstanding work.
Support to the development of PMU learning activities (35%)
Supports the PMU Instructional Design team to:
- edit all PPT presentations, Mural activity boards, and core Word documents to ensure they remain consistent with the PMU style guide
- consolidate feedback from facilitation teams, reviewing to identify common themes and mission-specific problems, as well as issue that apply to all facilitators or all technical producers
- maintain consistency of graphic design and translation through all WoW learning materials, including materials used in WoW courses, follow up activities and the Continuing Professional Development programs.
- maintain a library of images and sources used in WoW learning materials
- supports WoW facilitation teams in the usage of supplementary programs and/or physical materials that are an integral part of WoW program delivery including Mural, Mentimeter, and the development of Kit Materials for blended program delivery.
- ensure that all WoW content and materials are kept up-to-date and correctly labelled, in all languages, and that all older versions are archived
- develop and maintain the People Management library on Tembo. Works with OCB and Tembo counterparts to share materials and coordinate OCP and OCG people management competency language and tags
- work with MSF sections, internal translators, expert volunteers and external translation agencies to ensure all new materials, or revised materials, are translated into French – and other languages as requested by OCP missions.
Supports the PMU Director and Instructional Designer to:
- brief and provide M&E consultants with background materials about MSF, the OCP and the PMU’s learning and development philosophy, and the WoW programs
- identify key MSF stakeholders to participate in a L&D M&E community of practice, setting up a regular schedule of meetings and sharing materials of interest
- review the questions in the end-of-course WoW course surveys to enhance the PMU’s understanding of participants’ satisfaction with their learning experience, comprehension of core concepts and planned application of the WoW philosophy
- review, clean and consolidate all WoW participant and course data
- review, clean and consolidate all WoW session survey data
- design reports to analyze WoW participants’ feedback and application of WoW learning
- conduct selective qualitative assessments
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings, Program Updates and office-wide debates to participate in information sharing across all departments, and stay informed on important MSF topics to be able to contribute to the organization’s ongoing development.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
As assigned by the PMU Director or WoW Program Manager, oversees the work of external consultants and acts as primary administrative contact with vendors.
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Extent of Public Contact
Within the MSF movement interacts with all levels of staff, field workers and colleagues primarily in OCP, OCB and OCG to deliver WoW trainings.
- Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in adult learning or education and/or a minimum 2 years’ related experience.
- Outstanding organizational and computer skills. Experience using Microsoft Office products, as well as database and graphic design software essential.
- Understanding of learning and facilitation methodologies, especially as these apply to new digital technologies.
- Familiarity with Monitoring and Evaluation methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English, strong preference for working knowledge of French. Experience editing documents preferred.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of MSF.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially cultural sensitivity
- Ability to handle a large volume of work
- Outstanding proven time management and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail with ability to track multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and direction
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
No phone calls and emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
Pay Class & Contract Type
Temporary FT Hourly Nonexempt
Starting salary $61,206.60 to -- $64,883.00 (commensurate with experience)
Working Time (Hours Per Week)