Associate Director (337577)
Associate Director, North America Operations Execution
Location: Whitehouse, NJ, Phoenix, Simsbury, Philadelphia, Wilmington, DE
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
We are looking for an innovative, results-oriented operations process manager who would support our North America businesses.
Reporting to VP, Execution Lead for North America Operations this role will act as a liaison between the business, our technology organization and System integrators. She / he would be responsible for planning and execution of multiple projects, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget. The ideal candidate will utilize the agile project execution process, manage risks, dependencies and appropriately escalate issues for a project to service lead and portfolio manager. Additionally, the operations process manager would be accountable for driving execution of projects in order to achieve savings targets, actively manage scope to avoid delays and report status of projects.
The ideal candidate would be skilled in negotiation and be a strong communicator orally and in written form.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Effectively communicate to all levels of the organization on impacts to project scope, budget and risks; Lead meetings and gain commitment on key project tasks and deliverables
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers. Prepare weekly/monthly reporting on project status highlighting progress, key milestones and relevant issues/risks
- Collaborate with business leadership to ensure project Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) is prepared and project results and metrics are tracked
- Prepare executive level presentations to support monthly steering committee meetings
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, risk and timeline issues appropriately
- Ability to understand business needs and translate these into requirements for execution
- Collaborate with IT and the Business to prepare for and execute testing
- Support go live and any post implementation activities
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly, in writing and orally, both in one-on-one and group presentation situations to all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated, innovative person with analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to changes and new ideas
- Holds self and team accountable for achieving outcomes and to develop themselves while serving as a role model and mentor. Inspires co-workers to pursue excellence. Demonstrates confidence, yet shares credit for accomplishments with Project Teams.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement/change and makes constructive recommendations. Demonstrate political and cultural sensitivity to the organizational issues that arise. Possess strong influence and decision-making skills
- Analyzes and resolves escalated problems and trends, coordinating associated activity through various areas if needed, including recommending action steps, facilitating improvements, and providing timely and accurate updates to stakeholders
- Shares information and best practices cross functionally