PRS Associate Underwriter (338853)
Personal Lines Associate Underwriter
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. A $5B+ division of Chubb, Personal Risk Services offers personal insurance solutions (home, auto, collections, excess, and many more) to successful families and individuals.
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the underwriting center team by contributing to the achievement of business results including the use of underwriting judgement, delegated underwriting authority and support of Underwriter partners. This individual must demonstrate the ability to effectively evaluate risk for approval including alignment with strategies, underwriting guidance, and published workflows & processes. Position will require daily interaction with Underwriter and Agent partners. This role will require successful execution of risk analysis, service timeliness, personal accountability and team work. Successful individuals will demonstrate strong business competencies including personal accountability, risk analysis preparation & selection, application of customer focus and execution of effective process management. This is an excellent position to prepare candidates for advanced underwriting assignments in the Underwriting Centers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE:
- Evaluate and prepare business case, including recommendation, for referred new lines, endorsements, renewals, inspections, appraisals and suspense for next level of authority review
- Utilize delegated underwriting authority to approve and decline new & renewal risk using published guidelines, target market strategy, knowledge of filed contract language and pricing rules, loss control objectives and competitive landscape
- Execute renewal review routines in collaboration with Underwriter for large accounts to support retention and delivery of the most competitive quote terms
- Adhere to published workflows and processes
- Prioritize and manage work inbox and meet published service standards
- Work with Underwriters to act as a secondary contact and resource for assigned agents and branches
- Collaborate and contribute to assigned project teams
- Participate in training of less experienced team members