Senior Portfolio Associate (R450642)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want
- Hard-working winners. Confident, competitive and results-oriented professionals who create a track record of success.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do
Identifies new opportunities, evaluates opportunities based on potential success factors, and works with customers, engineers, and 3rd parties to take those products from ideation to market launch.
- Develop an understanding of Endoscopy business unit, including current product offering, call points, market trends, and competitive landscape
- Build a network of sales reps/regional managers/and customers that can be leveraged for project feedback
- Conduct primary market research including direct customer visits, blinded phone interviews, online surveys, focus groups, etc.
- Prepare market estimates, sales forecasts, and financial models for early-stage opportunities in order to determine prioritization and potential impact of projects
- Coordinate and lead engaging customer feedback sessions with the goal of fully understanding their needs/desires/fears/motives which may include observing operating room procedures
- Organize labs for product feedback sessions which will include securing lab space, scheduling surgeons, and procuring tools and specimen
- Identify new opportunities in the endoscopy space by monitoring medical device journals/websites and participating in tradeshows
- Determine market entry strategy for product ideas which may include acquisition, licensing, supply agreements, product development
- Break down complex problems in a thoughtful and efficient manner
- Assists in analysis and decision making for the annual strategic planning process
- Work with engineers to deliver technical solutions to meet customer needs
- Clearly and concisely convey ideas through both written and oral communication
- Research and understand market potential, market drivers, and market trends
- Analyze competitive landscape and proposes product/technology positioning
- Function independently and with minimal day-to-day direction
- Submit periodic reports on areas of responsibility
- May coach and mentor marketing personnel
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related discipline required
- 2+ years of work experience required
- 2+ years medical device or marketing experience preferred
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects while delivering on established timelines
- Ability to be persuasive in the absence of organizational authority
- Must be able to understand and work within complex interdivisional procedures and policies
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
What We Offer
- A winning team driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results
- Quality products that improve the lives of customers and patients
- Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career
Learn more about Stryker:
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.