ESIS Professional Associate (339017)
ESIS – Professional Associate – Claims
ESIS®, Inc., a Chubb company, provides claim and risk management services to a wide variety of commercial clients. ESIS’ innovative best-in-class approach to program design, integration, and achievement of results aligns with the needs and expectations of our clients’ unique risk management needs. With more than 60 years of experience, and offerings in both the U.S. and globally, ESIS provides one of the industry’s broadest selections of risk management solutions covering both pre and post-loss services.
- Under the direction of the Claims Team Leader investigates and settles claims promptly, equitably and within established best practices guidelines.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Receive new assignments.
- Reviews claim and policy information to provide background for investigation and may determine the extent of the policy’s obligation to the insured depending on the line of business.
- Contacts, interviews and obtains statements (recorded or in person) from insured’s, claimants, witnesses, physicians, attorneys, police officers, etc. to secure necessary claim information.
- Arrange for surveys and experts where appropriate.
- Evaluates facts supplied by investigation to determine extent of liability of the insured, if any, and extend of the company’s obligation to the insured under the policy contract.
- Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, denials of claims, individual evaluation of involved parties etc.
- Sets reserves within authority limits and recommends reserve changes to Team Leader.
- Reviews progress and status of claims with Team Leader and discusses problems and suggested remedial actions.
- Timely and appropriate management of litigation files.
- Assists Team Leader in developing methods and improvements for handling claims.
- Settles claims promptly and equitably.
- Obtains releases, proofs of loss or compensation agreements and issues company drafts in payments for claims and expenses.
- Informs claimants, insured’s/customers/ agents or attorney of denial of claim when applicable.
- May assist Team Leader and company attorneys in preparing cases for trial by arranging for attendance of witnesses and taking statements. Continues efforts to settle claims before trial.
- Refers claims to subrogation as appropriate.
- May participate in claim file reviews and audits with customer/insured and broker.
- Administers benefits timely and appropriately. Maintains control of claim’s resolution process to minimize current exposure and future risks
- Establishes and maintains strong customer relations i.e. agents, underwriters, insureds, experts
Depending on line of business, other duties may include:
- Maintaining system logs
- Investigating compensability and benefit entitlement
- Reviewing and approving medical bill payments or forwarding for outside review as necessary.
- Managing vocational rehabilitation
SCOPE INFORMATION: The position reports directly to a Claims Team Leader or other member of claims management.
- 1-2 years experience handling higher level Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Basic knowledge of claims handling and familiarity with claims terminologies.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to be capable of dealing with claimants, customers, insureds, brokers, attorneys etc in a positive manner concerning losses.
- Ability to self motivate and work independently.
- Knowledge of ACE products, services, coverages and policy limits, along with awareness of ACE claims best practices
- Knowledge of applicable state and local laws
- State adjusters licensing a plus or will require future licensing.
- Familiar in computer systems
- 40 words per minute typing skills
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.