Associate Repair Technician (R448656)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Under little to no supervision, builds, repairs, and/or tests a wide range of electrical/electronic, and/or precision mechanical equipment in a bench work station environment.
- Will repair, and test a variety of new and older products using standard and/or non-standard tools, equipment and procedures.
- Will work from engineering schematics and/or follow documented assembly procedures.
- May work from verbal instructions.
- Will work on precision repairs involving a considerable number of details and independent judgement.
- Will be required to comply with documentation procedures.
- Will be able to clean product thoroughly.
- Will learn and follow proper IPC soldering technique
- Will follow all Guidance documents and Task Instructions.
- Follow proper Electro Static Discharge and Loctite application procedures.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/ or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The ability to work with and assemble small objects and component parts.
- Must have very good visual acuity.
- Basic writing skills.
- Blueprint/schematic reading.
- Ability to operate small hand tools (e.g. pliers, screwdriver, hammer, wrench, etc.) Power tools, and test equipment.
- Basic math and measuring skills.
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical problem solving.
- Ability to trouble shoots complex product problems using independent judgement.
- Understanding of various complex product repairs.
- Previous experience in-group problem solving.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred but not required
HS Diploma or equivalent required
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.