Claims Associate-Fidelity Claims (338987)
Fidelity Claims Associate Position in Chubb’s Basking Ridge, New Jersey Office
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We are looking for an individual interested in a claims career to join our Early Career Development Program as a Fidelity Claims Associate based in our Basking Ridge, New Jersey office. A J.D. degree is required for applicant consideration. This is a permanent full-time position and a compelling opportunity to join a growing, financially stable and successful company. As an industry leader, we are an employer of choice for students aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company with offices in many major U.S. cities.
We have designed our Early Career Development Program to hone your skills and talents to help you reach your career goals. By joining our Early Career Development Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contribute to the future success of our company.
As part of this program, you will receive:
- Business training unique to a career at Chubb
- Technical training to develop skills within the Fidelity Claim discipline and an understanding of our broader industry
- Interpersonal effectiveness training to help you gain strong communication and interactive skills
- Access to additional training to complement your professional development
You, along with your program peers, form a unique community of achievers who we believe will become the future leaders of our Company.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Under close supervision of the Claim Manager, receive assignments, review claim and policy information, conduct claim investigation and determine the extent of coverage available under crime policies and financial institution bonds issued to our commercial and financial institution insureds. Claims include employee theft and dishonesty, funds transfer fraud, forgery, computer fraud, and other financial institution bond and crime losses under fidelity policies
- Contact, interview and obtain statements from insureds, witnesses and law enforcement to secure necessary claim information
- Evaluate facts supplied by investigation to determine coverage and extent of the company’s obligation to the insured under the policy contract
- Evaluate coverage based on investigation and policy/bond review
- Prepare coverage position letters
- Set reserves within authority limits and recommend reserve changes to Claim Manager
- Review progress and status of claims with Claim Manager and discuss issues and suggested action plan
- Assist Discipline Leader and Claim Manager in developing methods and improvements for handling claims
- Settle claims promptly and equitably
- Obtain proofs of loss, releases and/or assignments and issue company drafts in payment of claims
- Inform insureds, brokers or attorneys of denial of claim when applicable
Undergraduate and J.D. degrees required
- Knowledge of insurance industry
- Basic knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices, and procedures
- Basic Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail Oriented
- Customer focused – responsive with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong Communication Skills including the ability to listen effectively; to confidently and diplomatically express opinions and voice concerns with other team members; and to present effective written communication to varied audiences
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills-ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with others on an external and internal basis
- Strong Negotiation and Presentation Skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, independently and as part of a team
- Ability to Multitask
- Ability to adjust and adapt in an ever-changing environment
- Commitment to high standards of behavior and performance
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition.