System Operations Center (SOC) Analyst II - Mid Shift (30918)
Amentum is currently seeking a Service Operations Center (SOC) Analyst II to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. The SOC Analyst will provide on-site and off-site system monitoring, analytical, and related support services for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS).
Mid Shift Position 10:30pm-7:00am.
5x8hr shifts with days off on a regular consistent schedule.
The SOC is staffed to provide performance and availability monitoring and notification on a 24x7x365 basis. Responsibilities:
- Provide event, warning, alert, and alarm processing and management.
- Coordinate resolution of the event, warning, alert, and alarm messages Network Intrusion Detection Services.
- Detect events collected by the Cyber Enterprise Management System (CEMS) across the Sandia computing environments including all corporate networks and corporate telephone.
- Monitor batch processing job flows on two corporate networks and monitor that requested batch completion times are met, escalate when required.
- Provide prompt and accurate response to error notifications (Alerts).
- Administer and support on-premises APC (Advance Persistent Cloud) – Cyber’s Azure Stack private cloud platform that my department M&O’s which includes patching, configuration, service and incident fulfillment, and capacity management
- Maintain the integrity of servers and systems to meet established requirements for service levels, disaster recovery, and business.
- Perform system monitoring and verify the integrity and availability of hardware, network, and server resources and systems.
- Maintain effective and efficient adherence to the Event Management Process.
- Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups.
- Analyze network and server resource consumption and control user access.
- Enhance existing process and procedures, observe and control the status and performance of system components, servers, and network facilities.
- Answer incoming problem calls from customer and internal sites and resolves associated tickets.
- Write incidents reports & document events.
- Follow procedures; provide updates, ask questions, take action, follow up on missing, incomplete or unresolved issues.
- Perform varied administrative duties with a relatively broad scope to support an organization’s programs, projects, and activities.
- Make suggestions to enhance existing processes and procedures, observe and control the status and performance of system components, servers, and network facilities.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must possess an active DOE Q or DOD TOP SECRET (TS) clearance and the ability to maintain clearance throughout the life of the contract.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED and 5 years of related experience.