AVP, Chubb IO Tech Lead (339384)
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The Advanced Engineering department has a need for a cloud engineer to Lead Applications Cloud Engineering and support for all the department's platforms including Chubb.IO and its dependent integration applications to move to Cloud. As the platforms are being consolidated across IT areas, the dedicated focus is needed to ensure the highest levels of service to all application areas that utilize Cloud, specifically the Azure Cloud Platform.
This is an excellent opportunity to lead and drive a group of engineers to support the products/platforms as we roll out these platforms to the different clouds across the business lines.
The incumbent will work closely with our strategic partners and will provide support for all of the departments' platforms including Chubb.IO, Renewals Framework, and Speed 2 Market Products. The individual will support the continued lifecycle and maintenance of these platforms and must have the ability to provide thought leadership and autonomously lead, with focus business outcomes, impact to the firm, and client service.
- Responsible for design and implementation of applications platforms and services to be Cloud-ready
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions
- Educating the application teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives
- Designing, developing, and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
- Developing and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Interacting with clients, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs.
- Identify and document opportunities and solutions that enhance service delivery efficiency and improve the customer experience
- Provide thought leadership to promote the continuous improvement of service delivery and operational practices such as:
- Propose, design, and implement enhancements to the current environment
- Develop actionable plans to improve procedures and systems to mitigate risk, ensure compliance with established industry rules, regulations, and best practices
- Assist in developing engineering and operational service metrics
- Create and maintain system run books; documenting day-to-day support, maintenance, and troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure
- Conduct peer review analysis and acceptance for new or modified processes to ensure sustainability and repeatability
- Analyze performance metrics to ensure timely and accurate delivery of services
- Negotiate dependencies and priorities with stakeholders and internal customers
- Create a solid DevOps team to engineer the application and infrastructure solutions that are cloud-ready and enable the deployments across the organization
- Assist in the development and utilization of scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Be available when scheduled along with other team members to provide on-call support after hours and on weekends