Medical Device Warehouse Associate (R448663)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy supply chain at Stryker?
As a member of our Supply Chain team, you will make a daily impact on the lives of others. Apply today and you will get a chance to work with high-functioning, driven people who all have the same mission of making healthcare better. Plus, we have an award-winning culture and were recently named the #5 World's Best Workplace by Fortune!
Who We Want
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts. You will be the face of Stryker!
Life learners. People who want to learn, grow and develop within Stryker’s broad scope of opportunities. This is a company you can grow with!
Self starter. People who thrive in an autonomous work atmosphere. Go getter mentality.
Customer-oriented achievers. Representatives with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
What you will do
- Inspect products or materials for damage, defects, or shortages.
- Check inventory records to determine availability of requested products.
- Compile and inspect incoming/outgoing kits for compliance with specifications and usage.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Coordinate Drivers and routes – shipments, etc.
- Assess product delivery choices.
- Implement and support Quality initiatives throughout branch.
- Use computers to enter, access or retrieve data.
- Maintain account records, reporting and filing.
- Process orders for products.
- Confer with distribution, sales, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel in order to expedite or trace deliveries.
- Investigate customer complaints.
- Track service levels and problem solve any discrepancies.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule.
- Manage inventories by tracking inventory records reflecting product movement, notifying departments when supplies of specific items are low, or when orders would deplete available supplies.
- Work with internal resources for alternative product obtainment (e.g. loaner bank, other warehouses, consignments).
- Cycle count activities.
- Set up and organize the warehouse for incoming and outgoing surgery shipments.
- Organize, retrieve or place goods from/into stock received via multiple sources.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment, inventory for expiration dates, etc.
What you need
- 2+ years of relevant experience required
- High School diploma or equivalent required; prefer Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Additionally, you will need
- Valid Driver’s license with good driving record.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and methods for product or order fulfillment. This includes situational needs assessment, product usage, and inventory control systems and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematics and their applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Demonstrated phone skills; ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated computer skills (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Access, ERP, and Word).
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours, as needed to support the business needs, including weekend and evening call as needed.
- Must be able and willing to work successfully in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/