Associate Test Technician (Electrical/Software) (R455352)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Due to the outstanding growth in our organization, Stryker is hiring for an Associate Test Technician, (Electrical/Software) in Michigan!The Test Technician will be an essential part of the team performing a variety of tests on raw materials, finished products, and equipment to determine the level of quality and standard that need to become part of Stryker's product specifications.
- Primarily focus on running and documenting software and electrical testing in house.
- Review test requests and reports made by internal and external customers.
- Assists in the design, construction, programming, integration, and validation of test systems.
- Accountable for all record keeping as appropriate and in accordance with Stryker specifications. Utilizes software and technological tools to maintain proper records.
- Understand and maintain testing systems. Apply appropriate testing systems, procedures, and techniques while also building test systems and executing tests.
- Look for means to improve test systems, procedures, and techniques.
- Understands and applies lab performance metrics. Makes recommendations for continuously improving Test Lab performance.
- Maintain accountability and fitness of all equipment in the Test Lab.
- Evaluates and purchases test equipment and software for laboratory.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Position Requirements (Education, Special Training, Certifications):
- High school education or equivalent.
- Schooling or training in Software or Electrical Technology and testing preferred.
- MUST be familiar with basic electrical circuits and reading electrical schematics.
- Familiarity with PLC and LabVIEW programming.
- Basic skills – manufacturing process, blueprint reading, reading and math, metrology, pneumatics, hydraulics, problem solving, statistical, interpersonal skills, time management, Windows, listening skills, auditing skills, mechanical aptitude, and ability to adhere to safety related issues to include, but not limited to good housekeeping and ergonomics practices.
- Must also have skills in documentation, team concepts, and, Basic Preventative Maintenance.
- Required to have workplace organization, training procedure, pneumatic, and hydraulic skills.
- May also be required to have set-up skills to include following prints and product specifications, and any other on-the-job related skills.
- Basic measurement skills using some of the various sensors including, but not limited to, pressure, strain, acceleration, load, current, and voltage.
- Must be PC literate including experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must be familiar with basic electrical circuits and reading electrical schematics.
- Familiarity with electrical measurement equipment. (Oscilloscope, DMM, Function Generator, Multi-Meter) preferred.
- Soldering experience preferred.
- Experience with Serial/Bus protocols.
- Functional skills – Product knowledge, job specific computer skills, and knowledge of appropriate telephone and communication protocol. Requires a strong skill set with maintenance/utilization of all in-house machinery. Must also be able to read technical material and determine appropriate computer program/report as well as handle the time constraints of production and delivery schedules.
- Requires ability to follow and adhere to quality standards, product specifications and all safety standards. Ability to use logical step by step procedures to meet job requirements.
- Ability to make decisions regarding use of appropriate components and materials to meet product specifications and use of proper tools and techniques.
- Must be able to work independently and diagnose/resolve problems while designing.
- May involve prolonged periods of stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, sitting, standing, and/or crawling as appropriate.
- May be required to move materials up to 50 pounds, reach, push, or pull in order to accomplish job accountabilities.
- Coordination of eye, hand, and/or foot movement with an ability to grasp by hand and meet cognitive demands to include visual and auditory discrimination/memory, reading ability, and memory retention ability.
- Requires use of safety glasses in designated areas.
- Closed-toe/heel shoes must be worn on the production floor and R&D labs; safety shoes are recommended.
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/