Associate Underwriter – Inland Marine (340440)
Associate Underwriter – Inland Marine
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Associate Underwriter’s primary responsibility is to manage an existing book of renewable business through a demonstration of the following skills and abilities:
- Fundamentals of coverage, terms and conditions. Ability to offer coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
- Risk Assessment. Ability to identify risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and risk analysis. Ability to analyze claims and quantify losses.
- Financial proficiency. Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals and their impact on underwriting decisions.
- Actuarial fundamentals. Ability to understand loss trends and ratemaking. Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
- Marketing and communications. Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company. Ability to base communications on strategic thinking. Ability to manage producer strategy.
- Systems and programs. Ability to use systems and software programs needed to conduct daily business.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Within established business plans and assigned authority, select, analyze, and underwrite individual risks utilizing corporate pricing and reinsurance techniques to obtain desired results
- Manage a renewable book of business offering strategic underwriting guidance including rate/terms/deductibles
- Monitor results of the overall book of business assigned and recommend corrective action as necessary to insure retention of desirable accounts
- Provide quality and timely input on assigned projects to meet the Company’s needs in the changing market and to support profitable growth
- Participate in audits and/or underwriting meetings as required.
- Cross-sell opportunities within other Chubb divisions through promotion of their products and services
- Travel less than 25%
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.