HR Administrative Assistant (MD/WV) (51745)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with the FirstEnergy Service Company, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
The HR Administrative Assistant performs various administrative and human resources general duties including for the Maryland / West Virginia Human Resources department. The position is located at Williamsport, MD.
- Performing a variety of administrative assignments requiring initiative, judgment and well-developed knowledge and skills.
- Assisting employees with routine human resources issues
- Administering the Edison Electrical Institute (EEI) and other validated test batteries to job applicants as necessary.
- Assisting in compliance reporting, tracking and necessary documentation.
- Demonstrating a solid commitment to all aspects of safety.
- Maintaining a safe workplace for coworkers based upon knowledge of potential hazards and industry regulations/requirements.
- Independently anticipating and meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Providing excellent quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Using excellent communication skills with good judgment.
- Conducting research and compiling data for projects and reports
- Maintaining a high degree of confidentiality on projects and employee related information
- Building relationships, trust, and credibility across the organization.
- Proactively working to ensure knowledge is transferred to others.
- Supporting the department’s administrative needs which include maintaining appointment calendars, meeting scheduling and various other responsibilities.
- Monitoring workloads of other administrative assistants to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Engaging in outage and storm restoration activities as needed.
- High school diploma or GED and minimum 7 - 10 years work experience is required. Related work experience in administrative HR role preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related discipline preferred to aid in future development.
- Pass the Company’s EEI Support and Administrative Selection System (SASS) test.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate a questioning attitude to continue to learn, produce results, and strengthen existing relationships.
- Model active learning through continuing to develop breadth of knowledge, skills, and perspective.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork skills; oral and written communication skills;
- Able to independently prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and work in pressure situations.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous, helpful).
- Able to treat confidential information in an appropriate manner .
- Able to make recommendations for process improvements, as necessary.
We administer selection tests for a variety of positions. The required tests have been developed by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), a trade association of investor-owned electric utility companies. We strongly encourage potential employees to review all information, including the sample test brochures, and to use the available practice tests before taking the actual tests. Click this link to access the practice tests. You will be prompted for a name and password. Use firstenergy for both.
Practice tests provide sample questions and detailed discussions of the correct answers. It's important to take the practice test as you would the actual one, with similar intensity and concentration. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
Note: EEI website does not allow access to actual tests. Testing is held at various locations throughout our service territory based on where the job is located.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team