Senior Administrative Assistant - Dallas, TX (106060073)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Position in this function provides a wide variety of advanced administrative support to one or more departments and/or directors. Assists in the adherence to departmental budgets, prepares documents for personnel changes and produces various operating reports for the department served. Serves as the administrative liaison for all internal and external inquiries related to the assigned department.
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing
- Coordinates and maintains records for staff office space, phones, company credit cards and office keys
- Creates and modifies various documents using Microsoft Office
- Maintains Outlook calendar(s) in current and accurate status
- Coordinates meetings and conference calls as needed or anticipated
- Coordinates travel arrangements as needed
- Answer phones promptly and uses good judgment to prioritize the distribution of messages in a timely manner
- Prepares meeting materials and assists with the development of PowerPoint presentations
- Keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment as needed
- Records minutes at various meetings and archives them accordingly
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 5+ years of administrative support experience with increasing responsibility
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Some college coursework or business vocational school education
- Experience in a healthcare environment
- Solid attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.