Senior Administrative Assistant - Work From Home (106486780)
Our office is located at Saint Paul/Minneapolis, MN. Employees will be required to work in the office at times.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.SM
As a Senior Administrative Assistant within the Optum division of UnitedHealth Group, you will support leaders of a global healthcare technology organization, as well as additional executives. You will work independently in a manner consistent with the highest levels of performance and professionalism to accomplish critical tasks. As a key resource within Optum, your positive approach and dedication to teamwork will enable you to provide outstanding assistance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Manage the calendars and any changes in schedules for several senior executives
- Schedule meetings and workshops for large groups including arranging meals for attendees and planning business dinners
- Ensure meeting participants have appropriate access to facilities and systems
- Schedule and set - up resources and technology needed for meetings and events, i.e., conference rooms, catering, WebEx, and Telepresence
- Plan and organize logistics of large events both on/offsite
- Create streamlined travel arrangements, including travel packs and other traveler-specific needs
- Professionally represent the leaders across the organization
- Routine administration of file maintenance
- Track and submit expense reports on behalf of leaders
- Interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Work effectively as an integral member of a team
- Handle confidential information with complete discretion
- Compile and / or integrate information needed to complete reports and documents
- Review documents to ensure accuracy and quality, and revise as needed
- Answer incoming calls and facilitate handling of requests for information
- Evaluate calls in terms of importance and use independent judgment to take action such as interrupting work directors or notifying others
- Independently perform varied administrative duties related to functional areas
- Greet visiting clients, guests and employees
- Prepare outgoing mail, including overnight express
- Read incoming mail and triage in priority order, highlighting important items or requests for action
- Manage office documents in accordance with enterprise records management procedures
- Business Segment Liaison (BSL) tasks for onboarding when needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Intermediate or greater proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 2+ years of experience working with multiple executive calendars
- 2+ years of experience working in a large, fast-paced, matrix and corporate environment
- 2+ years of experience administrative support to an executive at the Director level or higher
- 2+ years of experience creating and submitting expense report
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Technology or healthcare industry background
- International travel experience
- Experience managing multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Experience working with global, multicultural resources
- Reside within Saint Paul/Minneapolis, MN
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Professional and articulate verbal and written communication skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Administrative Assistant, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO, #YELLOW