Payroll Administrative Technician (54991)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Company, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
The Payroll Administrative Technician performs various payroll-related activities to support the payroll function of Corporate Human Resources. The Payroll team is responsible for the accurate and timely administration of the company payroll process in compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations. The team is also responsible for maintaining the Payroll system configuration and table values that reflect the needs of the client community and generate accurate and compliant payrolls. They provide advice and support to HR personnel and assist internal and external customers through the Payroll Help Desk and Payroll Mailbox.
This position can be based anywhere is the FirstEnergy service territory which includes OH, PA, WV, MD and NJ. The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need. This option is not available in the states of California, Colorado, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, New York, Oregon or Washington at this time.
- Processing payrolls for non bargaining and bargaining employees
- Analyzing and processing Direct Deposit Forms, Local, State and Federal Income Tax forms
- Managing and coordinating with vendor on employment verifications
- Reviewing and gathering information for records requests and subpoenas
- SOx audits
- Processing 3rd party taxes and financial postings for active payments
- Processing Off Cycle checks as needed
- Researching payroll issues and provide resolution to questions from customers
- Reconciling bank statements with payroll runs
- Providing excellent customer service
- Running and analyzing reports for discrepancies
- Year-end testing and processes
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 7-10 years relevant work experience required. Relevant work experience includes experience in a payroll function or technical administrative function
- Pass the Edison Electric Institute's Support and Administrative Selection System (SASS) test
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Oracle Cloud experience preferred
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle complicated processes
- Strong sense of customer service and ability to be proactive with customer needs
- Strong ability to multitask and be flexible
- Able to handle confidential information
- Experience with garnishment processing a plus
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team