Sr. Administrative Assistant at Optum (107330392)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This position will provide senior level administrative support to the Medical Management Team, which includes 1 Associate VP, 2 Senior Medical Directors and 7 Regional Medical Directors. Responsible for calendar management, meeting coordination, preparing, and submitting expense reports in Concur, travel arrangements, timesheet delegation, special project requests and provide back-up to the Executive Assistant. Serve as liaison between senior leadership, members of staff and other outside parties.
This position requires onsite work at our corporate office located at 5130 Sunforest Drive, Tampa FL 33634
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality and care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Represents the Company in a professional manner, following all Company policies and procedures
- Uses, protects, and discloses patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Position requires a high level of initiative, excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills and innovative problem-solving ability, as well as advanced technology skills to include Power Point, Word, Excel, and Outlook systems
- Creates and manages special projects, under minimal supervision, relating to the department and overall operation of the Company
- Organizes, manages, and tracks multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Prepares written communication including correspondence, memos, minutes, and reports in established formats and distributes as appropriate
- Calendar management to include scheduling and organizing activities such as meetings, travel arrangements and coordinating appointments among multiple department calendars
- All meeting logistics including room reservations, catering, audio-visual equipment, etc. Prepares and makes copies of packets for meetings, presentations, and other business needs; prepares agendas as necessary
- Accepts, screens and routes telephone calls, as required and provides back-up to front desk receptionist
- Serve as liaison between senior leadership, members of staff and other outside parties
- Processes confidential and critical information on a routine basis with discretion
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Must have consistent, punctual, and reliable attendance
- Ability to work overtime based on business need
- Ability to travel may be required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent
- 3+ years of senior administrative experience support Directors and above
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Some college
- Experience working in Concur to arrange travel and process expenses as a delegate
- Healthcare experience
- Knowledge of using WebEx or Teams for scheduling meetings and projecting documents
- Solid analytical, project management and problem-solving capabilities
- Solid attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
- Positive “can do" attitude, team player, and willingness to take ownership of projects
- Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, tact, and poise in handling highly sensitive and confidential information
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.