Administrative Assistant - Las Vegas, NV (107501858)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is a network of health care providers throughout the Southwest, whose mission is to connect and support providers by working together to deliver the most effective and compassionate care to each and every patient they serve. OptumCare’s focus is to do the right things for patients, physicians, and the community.
The Administrative Assistant under general supervision will perform varied secretarial, office management and administrative work, involving responsibility to Medical Directors and support teams. Uses independent judgment and initiative in completing regular assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures, including but not limited to, Physician’s meeting and travel schedule coordination, expense reconciliation, CME and licensure tracking.
- Using computer applications
- Answering telephones
- Greeting Visitors
- Scheduling Meetings
- Handling correspondence
- Travel Coordination & Expense Reconciliation
- Maintains records, including not limited to revenue, reports, academic related documents
- Issuing and tracking Facility Service Requests
- Order Computer Hardware, Software and system access as directed
- Performs basic data analysis of average difficulty, using tables, graphs and basic statistics
- Compile and produce final reports or presentations using MS Office Applications, e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio
- Maintains and monitors inventory of
- Office supplies, equipment and services
- Prepares confidential correspondence and reports
- Designs office filing systems and files correspondence
- Manages mail
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience with Administrative duties
- 2+ years of related Administrative or Secretarial experience
- Proficient experience in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Visio experience
- Healthcare experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $16.83 to $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.