Senior Administrative Associate, Corporate Communications (R1558385-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The company has an opening for a highly organized and proactive Assistant to support the Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications & Corporate Marketing. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment. You must understand the importance of discretion and confidentiality and maintain a high level of professionalism, common sense and keen awareness of day-to-day operations.
This role requires the ability to complete high volumes of complex tasks and projects quickly with little-to-no guidance. The highest standards of written and verbal skills are required, as is a diligent and detail-orientated attitude.
You must have a relentless bias for action, a great ability to effectively communicate at all levels, and be highly organized with exceptional project management skills. You will manage complex calendars, coordinate international and domestic travel, process expense reports, assist with project support, and act as a general liaison between team members and leadership.
This role is highly visible in the organization and requires an individual who is well organized, compassionate, responsive, discreet and thorough. Priorities can often change in a fast-paced and dynamic environment like ours, so this role includes maintaining dynamic schedules and doing so with tremendous attention to detail and proactiveness.
In this role, you will:
- Proactively coordinate and engage with leadership in planning activities, calendars and the organization of events (such as staff meeting agendas, global town meetings and other high profile events).
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
- Own programs and projects in various areas across our Global Corporate Communications and Corporate Marketing teams.
- Interact comfortably with senior management, the media and all levels of staff within the company.
- Ensure timely prioritization and track tasks all the way through to completion.
- Manage domestic and international travel logistics (mobile technology, passport, visa requirements etc.) and handle travel schedule, meeting details, etc.
- Maintain expenses. Collect all documentation to identify appropriate path to complete reimbursements.
- Process purchase orders and invoices; order departmental equipment and supplies.
- 10+ years of administrative support experience, including 4+ years supporting senior executive level leaders in high-touch, heavy-volume industry.
- Most importantly, proactive, ambitious and tenacious - a caring teammate and a strong support advocate.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain and maintain trust.
- Validated ability to provide confidentiality and discretion, and act with excellent judgment.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-orientation, and extraordinary prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Very proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Flexible with ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Highly positive demeanor and style; improves team and company culture with each interaction.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.