Administrative Assistant (Facilities) (51924)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with the FirstEnergy Service Company, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
The Administrative Assistant performs various clerical, administrative and basic general duties including but not limited to data processing, record and file creation and maintenance, mail distribution, telephone reception, invoice processing and administrative support for the Facility Operations department.
The position can be sited at the Altoona, Clearfield, Dillsburg, DuBois, Gettysburg, Hanover, Indiana, Lewistown, Middletown, Philipsburg, Richland, Shippensburg or Somerset location.
- Demonstrating a solid commitment to all aspects of safety.
- Producing a variety of correspondence, reports and presentations using the appropriate office equipment and software.
- Demonstrating sound internal and/or external customer service.
- Meeting customer needs by providing sound service and responsiveness.
- Increasing understanding of customer expectations and improving job skills.
- Building relationships and credibility across organization.
- Following up with customers when appropriate.
- Using effective communication skills with good judgment.
- Supporting the department's administrative needs which may include maintaining of appointment calendars, meeting scheduling, travel arrangements, payroll time reporting, purchasing system, on-line ordering, filing (electronic and hard copy), and invoice processing.
- Scheduling service truck and maintaining work within the Service Queue.
- Reviewing and resolving errors from Timekeeping Validation Report.
- Other similar duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and minimum 4 -10 years work experience is required. Prior work experience in an administrative support role is preferred.
- Pass the Edison Electric Institute's Support and Administrative Selection System (SASS) test.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate a questioning attitude to learn, produce results, and develop relationships.
- Able to follow established element practices, procedures, and instructions, and produce basic administrative work products in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous, helpful).
- Deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines.
- Able to handle confidential information.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
We administer selection tests for a variety of positions. The required tests have been developed by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), a trade association of investor-owned electric utility companies. We strongly encourage potential employees to review all information, including the sample test brochures, and to use the available practice tests before taking the actual tests. Click this link to access the practice tests. You will be prompted for a name and password. Use firstenergy for both.
Practice tests provide sample questions and detailed discussions of the correct answers. It's important to take the practice test as you would the actual one, with similar intensity and concentration. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
Note: EEI website does not allow access to actual tests. Testing is held at various locations throughout our service territory based on where the job is located.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team