Chief Administrative Officer - Hybrid Plymouth, MN (107870172)
Combine Fintech and Healthcare, two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get - leading edge technology that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about providing advanced, state-of-the-art payment solutions to help those we serve be healthier, happier, and more productive.
Careers at Solutran®, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group®, offer a unique and exciting opportunity to create large-impact, market-leading payments, and financial technology innovations, while delivering on the mission of improving the health and wellbeing of tens of millions of Americans.
Our industry-leading S3® payments platform is integrated at 35,000+ retail locations and supports some of the largest benefits and rewards programs in the world by offering value to consumers and directing the spending of funds to approved health-enhancing products and services. This advanced technology has led to Solutran’s rapid ascent to market leadership in healthcare benefits and has broader applicability across numerous other industries.
Working within a FinTech powerhouse, Solutran team members enjoy a culture of performance and collaboration, along with the resources and technology of a Fortune 5 company that comes with being a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our teams work in close partnership with the largest and most forward-thinking companies in America including Aetna, Anthem, CVS, General Mills, Kroger, UnitedHealthcare, Walmart, Walgreens and more. Learn more about our latest innovations at www.solutran.com.
This role reports directly to the President of Solutran and is responsible for managing strategic projects, company planning, communication, and organizational/employee health initiatives. The Chief Administrative Officer will drive significant impact across the enterprise and will ensure Solutran is meeting strategic goals and commitments.
If you are located near Plymouth, MN, you will have the flexibility to work a hybrid schedule as you take on some tough challenges. As a hybrid position, we are searching for candidates in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area.
- Partner with and act as a trusted advisor to the President, serving as representative for the President in various meetings as appropriate; brainstorm and identify solutions to challenges as presented with priorities and goals
- Lead various strategic and operational initiatives, working closely with both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and facilitate regular Leadership Team (LT) meetings, off-sites, and quarterly planning. Continually drive alignment and execution of the core business priorities. Captures and drives follow-ups. Manages various aspects of short and long-term planning
- Drive strategic initiatives or cross-organizational projects, contributing to the overall strategy as needed to meet the changing business environment and ensure the team is achieving commitments
- Develop consistency with regards to presentations, ELT materials and external correspondence
- Oversee hiring strategy and resource management. Manage report-outs of the company’s, headcount and hiring plans, and coordinate with finance to ensure effective budget management. Drive quarterly all employee performance review with the LT
- Help make Solutran a great place to work. In partnership with HR and the LT, shape and lead organizational health initiatives. Ensure adherence to an active schedule of trainings and lunch and learn series to contribute to ongoing development and engagement. Define, plan and drive cross-team process improvements
- Oversee communications strategy to drive impactful internal and external comms, messaging, content for company town halls and other events
- Other duties as assigned
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Product Strategy, or similar discipline
- 7+ years of leadership experience with demonstrated prudent decision-making skills and notable initiative and resourcefulness
- 5+ years of professional work experience in Chief of Staff, Chief Administrative Officer, or similar consulting role
- Experience translating strategy into an operational plan and drive to completion
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Demonstrated strategic, analytical, and problem-solving experience
- Work experience in management consulting or investment banking
- Financial Services industry experience
- Structured and analytical thinking skills with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans
- Solid organization, prioritization, and project management skills
This is a hybrid position, including working in our office in Plymouth, MN and remote work days. Local Twin Cities, Minnesota candidates only, please.
This position does not require frequent travel.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.