Senior Administrative Assistant - Corpus Christi, TX (107852414)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate, implement and support the day-to- day activities needed to effectively execute clinical program, special project and research initiatives. Provides a wide variety of high-level administrative and project management support for the Clinical Program Manager to ensure applicable program requirements, operational processes and fiscal responsibilities are met. This position serves as a liaison for internal departments and external partners to ensure optimal customer service and operational success of program initiatives.
- Perform general and high-level clerical duties to include administrative coordination and project management support of program(s) impacting employees, partners and executives at various levels
- Schedule, coordinate, and plan logistics (materials, facilities, equipment, food, attendee logs, etc.) for program related appointments, meetings, events and classes using Outlook or other necessary calendar tools
- Maintain effective ongoing communication for program requirements including in-bound and out-bound calls, contacts for scheduling, surveys/screenings and reminder letters
- Complete effective data entry into software applications for program reporting and tracking requirements
- Coordinate and collect data and prepare reports used by management and executive leaders to evaluate program effectiveness
- Create, modify and prepare various documents using Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Attend required meetings and participates in special committees as needed
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years of progressive administrative support experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English and Spanish
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout WellMed markets, as determined by business need
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Associate’s Degree in business, education, or healthcare field
- Ability and willingness to work with a mature/senior population in healthcare
- Excellent organizational, project, and time management skills
- Solid problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 35 pounds of force Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery Ability to properly drive and operate a vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.