Senior Administrative Assistant - Hybrid Minnetonka, MN (109372724)
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Administrative Assistant within the Communications department of UnitedHealth Group, you will enjoy an interesting and multifaceted role that provides administrative, event and Microsoft Suite support to our UHG Communications team, while providing executive administration support to key leaders.
Our team works in a creative, fast-paced environment where priorities can change rapidly, so the ideal candidate will be able to apply systematic planning and critical thinking skills to proactively identify and resolve administrative challenges. The Senior Administrative Assistance will work both independently and collaboratively with the highest levels of performance and professionalism to promote a positive work environment and accomplish critical tasks. As a Senior Administrative Assistant and important member of our team, you will be a connector, able to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
In supporting our senior leaders, you will be flexible, cool under pressure and comfortable transitioning to urgent priorities while maintaining business as usual. Our Senior Administrative Assistant is a trusted member of our team and expected to handle highly confidential information with complete discretion.
This is a hybrid role that will work in the MN office a minimum of three days a week.
- Schedule and set-up resources and technology needed for meetings and events, i.e., conference rooms and catering
- Create/prepare meeting materials, i.e., PowerPoint presentations or meeting agendas and review documents to ensure accuracy and quality, and revise as needed
- Manage system and building access requests for communications team members
- Process invoices and order office supplies
- Compile and / or integrate information needed to complete reports and documents
- Independently perform varied administrative duties related to functional areas
- Prepare outgoing mail, including overnight express
- Perform Business Segment Liaison (BSL) tasks for onboarding of new employees (real-estate, equipment, etc.)
- Manage the calendars and schedule changes for several senior leaders
- Book travel on behalf of key leaders
- Track and submit expense reports on behalf of senior leaders
- Other administrative duties as defined.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Intermediate or greater proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint
- Intermediate or greater proficiency in SharePoint
- Professional and articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of experience providing event or team-level administrative support
- 2+ years of experience working with multiple executive calendars
- 2+ years of experience working in a large, fast-paced, corporate environment
- 2+ years of experience administrative support to an executive at the Director level or higher
- Experience supporting remote employees Experience managing multiple tasks with competing priorities in a time-sensitive environment
- Experience building PowerPoint presentations
- Communications and / or healthcare industry background
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.