Clinical Administrative Coordinator - Jacksonville, FL (109386913)
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work an 8-hour shift schedule during our normal business hours of 9am – 5:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 9655 Florida Mining Blvd Suite 411, Jacksonville, 32257
- Manage administrative intake of members
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities, and the clinical team to manage requests for services from members and/or providers
- Process incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations, including intake, notification, and census roles
- Assist the clinical staff with setting up documents/triage cases for Clinical Coverage Review
- Handle resolution/inquiries from members and/or providers
This is high volume, customer service environment. You'll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Experience with MS Word (creating, editing, saving, formatting) Excel (create and edit spreadsheets) and Outlook (compose and respond to email)
- On-call rotation every 4th week (after hours Tuesday evening – Monday); ABLE TO WORK WEEKEND FROM HOME (DURING ON-CALL ONLY)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Experience working within the health care Industry and with health care insurance
- Experience working in a hospital, physician's office or medical clinic setting
- A clerical or administrative support background
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Experience working in a call center
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, Optum, health care, office, phone support, customer service, billing, training class, now hiring, jobs, career, hiring immediately, #RPO, #RED