Sr. Administrative Assistant - Eden Prairie, MN (109779902)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Administrative Assistant will support the Chief Product Officer and Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer within Optum Financial. Direct accountabilities include traditional administrative and clerical support activities to a dynamic, fast-moving and growing business.
If you are located in the Eden Prairie, MN, area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.. This position is a hybrid position between working in the office in Eden Prairie, MN and working at home . The position will involve at least three days a week in the office.
- Provide administrative support in a professional manner with the highest levels of performance including confidentiality with sensitive information
- Proactively manage calendars, travel, expenses and key meetings
- Prepare agendas and keep minutes for key meetings including highlighting key decisions, key actions, and timelines, enabling follow through and accountability setting by leaders
- Provide meeting logistics support including attending on-site meetings, setting up audio visual and telecom needs and secure rooms and catering as needed
- Organize and manage multiple tasks/assignments with frequently changing priorities and negotiating timelines when needed
- Coordinate and partner with other administrative assistants including providing backup support for PTO, sick and other leaves
- Create PowerPoint decks by obtaining content and updates which may include pulling data from direct reports
- Assist department leadership in on-boarding activities for new employees reporting up to leaders
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of administrative experience, including calendar and email management, travel scheduling, expense management, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working in a large, fast-paced corporate environment
- Solid skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Availability to travel domestically once per quarter
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience using Visio
- Healthcare payments experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.